HAZY AFTERNOON TIMES AT GLASGOW AMERICANA FESTIVAL
The Hazy Recollections are teaming up with the Glasgow Americana Festival again this year with a matinee show at the CCA on Saturday, October 5.
As always, the session offers an intriguing mix of artistes. On the bill are:
• My Darling Clementine – featuring Michael Weston King and Lou Dalgleish.
Michael Weston King, the seasoned troubadour, is widely admired as one of Britain’s finest singer songwriters. He has made 10 solo albums and toured with the likes of Nick Cave, John Cale, Guy Clark, Steve Earle, and Roger McGuinn. His collaborations with Chris Hillman, Ron Sexsmith, Jackie Leven and the legendary Townes Van Zandt (who cut his own version of Michael’s song ‘Riding The Range’) have only enhanced his considerable musical reputation.
Lou Dalgleish is rated one of the finest female singers in the UK. She has been praised by, and worked with, Elvis Costello, Bryan Ferry, The Brodsky Quartet, and many more. From 1993 – 2000 she released four albums (including the acclaimed Live at Ronnie Scotts) that showed off her unique songwriting, her stunning vocals and unique interpretation of other works.
• Anna Coogan – Anna is a Boston singer/songwriter. With three record releases, five European tours and hundreds of shows across the US (many by Greyhound Bus) in the last three years, Anna’s fierce work ethic is matched by her boundless creative energy and the sheer joys she takes in performing.
• Dean Owens – One of Scotland’s most acclaimed and established singer-songwriters who has toured far and wide, including support slots with top names such as Steve Earle, Emmylou Harris, Joan As Policewoman, Eddi Reader, John Hiatt and Nanci Griffiths.
• Jenn Butterworth and Laura Beth Slater. Hailing from two female supergroups, Jenn and Laura-Beth Salter combine mandolin, guitar and two powerful voices to bring you soulful harmonies and tunes full of drive and character.
• Findlay Napier & The Bar Room Mountaineers. Findlay, who organizes the Hazy Recollections’ sessions, will be playing a selection of covers from the songbook of the late George Jones, who died earlier this year.